Join us at Beach House Lobby to listen to Dustin Furlow, an award-winning singer/songwriter/guitarist!
6:30pm - 9:30 PM @ The Beach House Lobby
Dustin Furlow is an award-winning singer/songwriter/guitarist whose playing and songwriting reflect a clear influence of today's contemporary-folk artists. With comparisons to songwriters such as Ray LaMontagne and virtuoso guitar-players like Tommy Emmanuel, Furlow eventually carved out a sound that became easily distinguishable by its marriage of complex guitar work and warm, home-spun lyrics. From the haunting melodies in "Evergreen" to the foot-tapping groove of "Cherokee Lake" Dustin is an ambassador of dynamic control on stage. In 2019 he played over 200 shows, many with harp-guitarist and international fingerstyle-guitar champion, Matt Thomas. Highlights of his musical career include:
- In April 2021 Dustin was announced as the winner of Scottish luthier Taran Guitars' "Young Player Bursary" award.
- In February 2017, he received the Veer Magazine Music Award for "Best Acoustic/Folk Artist" in the Southeastern Virginia area. That year he also received nominations for "Song of the Year" (The Garden), and "Album of the Year" (The Sound That You Call Home).
- In 2016, Furlow released the full-length "The Sound That You Call Home", which has enjoyed airplay on NPR radio's "Acoustic Highway", "Hunter at Sunrise", and "Out of the Box" and received the title of "Album of the Year" by Barry Graham of NPR's "Acoustic Highway".
- A year later Furlow went on to release the EP "Solo", which was a live-in-studio project recorded by Rob Ulsh at Master Sound Studios (Justin Timberlake, Depeche Mode, Gwen Stefani) in Virginia Beach. (2017)
- Playing just over 244 shows in 2017, he is almost always engaged in recording, writing, or performing and is currently producing his third album, "Woodscapes" with Kim Person (Tommy Emmanuel, Stephen Bennett, Matt Thomas).